Childcare First Aid
ON OUR PROFESSIONAL COURSES
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Education and Care Setting First Aid Course is part of the fully accredited first aid training that gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to respond in an emergency situation. HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting is relevant for all staff employed in the childcare and education sector and provides the necessary skills required to provide a first aid response to infants, children as well as adults.
By completing this course you will be meeting the requirements of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
- Course Cost is $165pp
- Group discounts apply for onsite training
A critical lesson for teachers and childcare workers
By the end of this training course, student will be:
- Confident in the assessment and management of emergency situations involving adults, children or infants
- Understand and demonstrate competence in the Primary Survey (DRSABCD)
- Be confident in performing CPR on Adults, Children and Infants
- Know how to safely use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Know how provide first aid for bleeding, shock, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Be confident in managing traumatic injuries including fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Demonstrate knowledge of how adults and children are different and the impact this has on first aid management of children
- Be confident in how to talk with children about their emotions and responses to events
Each course will cover:
- First Aid principles
- Legal issues
- The Chain of Survival
- Emergency Action Plan – DRSABCD
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Environmental injuries
- Administration of adrenaline auto-injectors (Epipen® / Anapen®)
- Bites and stings
- Poisoning Asthma, anaphylaxis and allergies
- Signs, symptoms and triggers
- Medication and devices
- Action plans
- Anaphylaxis risk management planning
- Use of inhalers and spacers
- Online workbook to be completed prior to the course.
- Progressive practical assessment throughout the training.
- Multiple choice quite on course completion
- Statement of Attainment in HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care Setting
- HLTAID004 incorporates skills, knowledge and assessment from the following qualifications:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- 22024VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace
22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- This certificate will be meeting the requirements of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
- Duration of training: 7-7.5hrs
- Certificate Validity: 3 years
- Prerequisites: Nil
- All training is delivered by Fully Accredited First Aid Trainers who are also registered nurses
- FREE First Aid book
- FREE Emergency response poster
- First Aid products available for purchase
- Certificates will be emailed to participants
- Hard copy wallet sized certificate also issued
- Renewal reminders sent when your certificate is close to expiring
- Backed by a national Registered Training Organisation HEALTHCORP 91222
- Small classes and personal attention allows you to pass with confidence
- Our state of the art training Manikins and Defibrillators allow for easier learning
- Focus is on providing a hands on approach to maximise learning
- We take the fear and confusion out of first aid by teaching in a fun and friendly manner.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Receive First Aid Updates
Like us on Facebook to receive regular first aid updates and to read reviews on our training.