Provide First Aid
ON OUR PROFESSIONAL COURSES
HLTAID003 Provide first aid / First Aid Refresher
HLTAID003 Provide first aid course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide a First Aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The Refresher First Aid Training is for students who still have a current certificate at the time of renewal. The online component does NOT need to be completed when attending a refresher course.
- Provide First Aid Course cost is $150pp.
- Refresher First Aid Course cost is $130pp
- Group discounts apply for onsite training
Using a variety of practical techniques based on realistic scenarios, this course is a fun and hands-on way to learn skills that can help save a life
By the end of this training course, students will:
- Be confident in recognising an emergency situation
- Understand and demonstrate competence in the Primary Survey (DRSABCD)
- Be confident in performing CPR with 1 or 2 First Aiders
- Know how to safely use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Know how to provide basic first aid for bleeding, shock, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Be confident in managing bone and joint injuries
- Understand the management for burns, bites, stings and poisoning
- Demonstrate an understanding of chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
- Be familiar with the basic structure and function of the human body
- Know how to provide an accurate verbal report of the incident
In each course we will cover,
- First Aid principles
- Legal issues
- The Chain of Survival
- Emergency Action Plan – DRSABCD
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Airway management
- CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Cardiac emergencies
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Stroke, diabetes, seizures and fainting
- Environmental injuries
- Bites and stings
On-line workbook to be completed prior to the course. Not required if attending an update or refresher course.
Progressive practical assessment throughout the training.
Multiple choice quite on course completion
Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid which is the Nationally Accredited Industry Standard for Provide First Aid.
- Duration of training 7-7.5hrs
- Certificate Validity 3 year
- Prerequisites Students wishing to undertake the First Aid Update (refresher) course will need to provide a copy of their current first aid certificate.
- All training is delivered by Fully Accredited First Aid Trainers who are also registered nurses
- FREE First Aid book
- FREE Emergency response poster
- First Aid products available for purchase
- Certificates will be emailed to participants
- Hard copy wallet sized certificate also issued
- Renewal reminders sent when your certificate is close to expiring
- Backed by a national Registered Training Organisation HEALTHCORP 91222
- Small classes and personal attention allows you to pass with confidence
- Our state of the art training Manikins and Defibrillators allow for easier learning
- Focus is on providing a hands on approach to maximise learning
- We take the fear and confusion out of first aid by teaching in a fun and friendly manner.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Receive First Aid Updates
Like us on Facebook to receive regular first aid updates and to read reviews on our training.