ON OUR PROFESSIONAL COURSES
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid / First Aid Refresher
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide a First Aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The Refresher Child First Aid Training is for students who still have a current certificate at the time of renewal.
- Provide First Aid Course cost is $150pp.
- Refresher First Aid Course cost is $130pp
- Group discounts apply for onsite training
By the end of this training course, students will:
- Be confident in recognising an emergency situation
- Understand and demonstrate competence in the Primary Survey (DRSABCD)
- Be confident in performing CPR with 1 or 2 First Aiders
- Know how to safely use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Know how to provide basic first aid for bleeding, shock, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Be confident in managing bone and joint injuries
- Understand the management for burns, bites, stings and poisoning
- Demonstrate an understanding of chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
- Be familiar with the basic structure and function of the human body
- Know how to provide an accurate verbal report of the incident
In each course we will cover,
- First Aid principles
- Legal issues
- The Chain of Survival
- Emergency Action Plan – DRSABCD
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Airway management
- CPR for adults, children and infants
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Cardiac emergencies
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Stroke, diabetes, seizures and fainting
- Environmental injuries
- Bites and stings
Progressive practical assessment throughout the training.
Multiple choice quiz on course completion
Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide first aid which is the Nationally Accredited Industry Standard for Provide First Aid Courses For Parents.